Jacqueline W. Fincher, M.D., FACP
Jacqueline W. Fincher, MD, FACP is a physician of Internal Medicine, a “Doctor for Adults,” and has been in practice at McDuffie Medical Associates since 1988. She is a graduate of Oral Roberts University with a BS in Biology, and of the Medical College of Georgia, where she received her MD and her residency training in Internal Medicine.
Dr. Fincher is a 20-year volunteer with the American Heart Association, serving as President of the GA Affiliate, and serving on the SE Affiliate and National Board of Directors. Dr. Fincher is also a 20-year breast cancer survivor and volunteer with the American Cancer Society, starting the first Relay for Life in Thomson and running a monthly cancer support group for 12 years. She has a longstanding commitment to bringing health education to her patients and the lay public, through her medical practice and volunteer work.
She is a sought after speaker to both lay and professional groups on cardiovascular disease, cancer, women’s health, health and public policy, and electronic health records.
- NCQA Certificate of Excellence in Diabetes 2009
- American College of Physicians, Governor, GA Chapter 2011-2015 and member since 1988
- American College of Physicians, national Health/Public Policy Committee and Board of Governors
- Medical Association of Georgia, Council on Legislation and House of Delegates
- Advisory Board, Georgia Office of Women’s Health – appointed by Gov. Barnes
- Graduate, inaugural class of Georgia Physicians Leadership Academy, 2009
- Advisory Board AMA Health Information Technology Committee, 2009-2011
- Advisory Board American EHR Partners 2010 – 2011
- Project Manager for the Information Rx patient education program by the National Library of Medicine &
- CP Foundation
- ACP Foundation, Health & Patient Literacy Committee – 2007-2008
- 2001 Graduate of Leadership Georgia
- 1990 Graduate of Leadership McDuffie
2011 National ACP Mastership Award – outstanding contributions to medicine
2007 National ACP Key Contact award – outstanding contribution to advocacy for patients & physicians
2007 ACP Laureate Award – excellence in the practice of internal medicine
2000 American Heart Association - National Physician of the Year Award
First Methodist Church – Choir, Sunday School teacher, Bible study leader
McDuffie Mission Clinic